close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

General disposition about the coupon system

Thread began 1/16/2011 1:22 am by kim420431 | Last modified 7/20/2014 12:07 pm by kim420431 | 4475 views | 13 replies

kim420431

There's a misunderstanding about "tracking"

Jason,

Thanks for your in-depth reply. I will start pouring over the changes and see where it takes me.

I want to be clear about something. What I refer to as "tracking" has nothing to do with Google or tracking visitors to the store site!

When I talk about tracking I'm referring to tracking "marketing campaigns". This is about using a marketing concept and associating a coupon code to the marketing concept and "tracking" how successful the marketing concept worked.

Again, as an example. I have a local newspaper in St. Louis called the Riverfront Times that puts out a weekly issue. They have a huge circulation and I could/can purchase from them an "insert" to their weekly circulation. Let's say the insert has some company information, some pictures of the products being offered and a coupon code!

The weekly issue goes out with the insert I paid to piggyback in the issue and people find the insert in the issue. A percentage of those will go to the site and look over the products and a percentage of those will actually choose to purchase something and use the coupon code! That coupon code allows me to build a framework for how well that particular marketing campaign is working. If I don't generate enough sales to offset the cost of the insert then it's not worth using the marketing campaign again. The coupon code then becomes the means of "tracking" the success of the marketing campaign. It has nothing to do with Google and tracking the number of visitors to the site.

In this way, your coupon code could be very effective at helping a store owner. As I mentioned elsewhere, it also would allow a store owner to set up a marketing campaign around helping to fund non-profits with a kick-back from sales if your developers would allow a coupon to be created with a 0% discount. This allows a store owner to sale at full purchase price yet "track" the sale associated through a coupon code to set aside money to kick back to the non-profit they are helping to fund. It's a marketing campaign to help raise funds for an organization. The coupon code allows the store owner to "track" those people purchasing the product because they want a piece of the proceeds to go to the non-profit organization.

You have all the necessary ingredients to allow store owners to do this. It just needs a bit of tweaking to make it possible to use this way and there really should be a better coupon administration capability built into storemanager. I have another post on weaknesses and even flaws in coupon issues, management, etc.

Again, thanks for the pointers. Hope they can help me in working through what I need to do. I'll let you know as I get through out outline of instructions.

~Kim

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...