close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

uploaded site but cannot find the cms

Thread began 1/14/2011 5:09 pm by Alan Winthrop | Last modified 1/17/2011 8:00 am by Alan Winthrop | 1623 views | 5 replies

neilo

Hello Alan,

First of all, - apologies - I think I misunderstood your post, I understood you to be saying that you wanted to run the site from your local machine.

Having re-read your posts, (somewhat more carefully) I understand what it is that you are asking, I hope.

If you have created all the pages in Dreamweaver, and uploaded them to your remote hosted server, you should indeed be able to see the CMS screens - by browsing to your remote site - in order to go through the checks and set up the database (entering the information for your MySql database that you will have created for Site Sculptor to use - via your control panel), select an admin login and password, and then get directed to your CMS Admin pages.

That should all happen automatically when you browse to your remote site.

My guess as to why this doesn't seem to be happening, is that the holding page you created some time ago is preventing your server from looking for the index.php which it would normally select as the 'starting' page, as it is seeing your holding page (index.htm or index.html or default.html) and is serving that as your 'home' page.

To check, please could you first browse to your site, and when your holding page shows up, type 'index.php' after the address of your site, so it would be in the form of: http://www.yoursite.com/index.php

If you now are able to see the CMS set up screens, then you will be good to go. You will need to delete the old holding page you created at some point, - probably best to do this before going through the set up.

I am sorry I misunderstood your original post, and wasted some time.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...