close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Is it possible to copy product pages?

Thread began 1/06/2011 1:13 am by kim420431 | Last modified 1/06/2011 1:16 pm by kim420431 | 1339 views | 4 replies

kim420431

Is it possible to copy product pages?

I'm building products into my PowerStore. Each product is a picture (photograph) and depending on whether the product is a paper print or a canvas print the product page and options are the same for every product. The only thing that changes is the picture thumbnail and a larger image inserted into the large description. As an example with paper prints I set up the product page with checkout description, short description and long description. I then have 3 selectable options, 12x19 inch, 18x24 inch and 24x36 inch. Each of these options has a different price and the pricing is the same independent of the picture being sold. A second option set is applied which applies a print coating with 3 options, none, gloss and semi-matte. Each of these again changes the price of the product. In all cases these options and prices are the same for ever paper print product. What I'd like to do is just copy an existing product and then go into the new copy and change out the unique product title and the image thumbnail and larger embedded image. This would save a huge amount of time from having to add six options and prices for each product page when they are all the same with the exception of the title and picture.

Is this possible? Can I somehow duplicate an existing product somehow to shortcut all the setup time involved in entering each product?

I'm still in the process of evaluating PowerStore. I've been working on it for a couple of days now having installed it Monday and purchased it late last Thurs. night. So far, I've made a fair amount of progress in my evaluation and assuming the back end works as expected with PayPal when I get to the point of testing it I will probably keep the product. What I'm requesting above would go a large way to convincing me that it's reasonably easy to work with. I have to say that I'm a bit freaked out in that you only provide post-installation support for free through forums. Assuming a quick response to questions like these I don't think that will be a problem but I find the one-time charges for support on a product of this cost prohibitive and obviously when working with software that's involved in the transaction of money and selling products, one really doesn't want problems.

Thanks for your response in advance!

~Kim

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...