close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Show If question

Thread began 1/04/2011 2:33 pm by Sally | Last modified 1/05/2011 1:54 pm by Sally | 3151 views | 15 replies

Sally

Show If question

I recently did this with an asp site which I'm redoing now as php since everyone tells me php is better. It worked in asp but I can't get it to work now.

I am trying to show the password field on a details page only if it is your record. My rule (If Self) says to show the field if the Session ID = the detail recordset ID. I've put dynamic fields in to verify that they both are the same, but my field still won't show.

My code is:

<?php if(WA_Auth_RulePasses("If Self")){ // Begin Show Region ?>
<tr>
<th>Password:</th>
<td><input type="text" class="WAATKTextField" name="txtpassword" id="txtpassword" value="<?php echo(str_replace('"', '&quot;', $row_rs_directory_detail['txtpassword'])); ?>" size="50"/></td>
</tr>
<?php } // End Show Region ?>

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Update:
I've been working on this and have a more complete picture of what I'm trying to do. Basically there is a detail page of info that if it is the info of person signed in, they will see one version which they can update, except for the Group field which only the Admin can see and edit. The Admin can also see and update all their other data.

If it's not your data, you see a non-editable version which excludes password and group data.

What's happening is that no matter if who you're signed in as, you're seeing the non-editable version of the data.

I realize that's a bit complicated so I've attached a zip of the detail page and HelperGroupsRulesPHP.php so you can see how my rules are.

Thanks for any help. I'm stuck!

Attached Files
directory_detail2.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...