close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Applying Member Discount (registered users) to powerstore

Thread began 7/03/2009 4:15 am by sales320648 | Last modified 7/06/2009 7:26 am by sales320648 | 1296 views | 1 replies

sales320648

Applying Member Discount (registered users) to powerstore

I want to accomplish the following task:

Setup member discount in powerstore (deduct a certain amount when a certain condition is met) using dreamweaver. When the user is not logged in, the total discount is set to zero.

Scenario:

Step 1: A user picks out a product to order from powerstore

Step 2: On the shopping cart page the user sees their selection and it's price.

Step 3: they notice that the member discount is set to zero

Step4: to get the member discount, they just have to log in by entering their user name and password.

Step 5: they are automatically returned to the shopping cart page where a significant discount has been applied to the item.

Object: apply a member discount with an independently determine price for products or each product in powerstore.

Since member discount build customer loyalty and keep customers returning, it will be great to establish this feature to powerstore.

So far, using eCart objects, I've applied discounts for the general users. That is whether they are logged in as registered users or not, they can have certain discounts across the store.

As to the member discount these are the steps I did

Step one: In WAecart object I clicked the discount tab

Step two: selected the plus button

Step three: in the WA discount Wizard I entered "member discount" in the available name field

Step three: I selected "total number of Unique items" in the Rule Trigger under the list of items

Step four: in the Condition, I selected ">" (greater than).

Step five: I pressed the plus (+) button to set the trigger (and the following equation was generated: Total number of items >0

Step six: On the Rule Calculation section I selected " Decreased based on column subtotal" from the list

Step 7: from the column list I select" Total Discount"
I made sure that the "plus" sign is shown in the operators list and "0" was shown in the value field.

This is where I'm stuck.

So far, using eCart objects, I've applied discounts for the general users. That is whether they are logged in as registered users or not, they can have certain discounts across the store.

As to the member discount these are the steps I did

Step one: In WAecart object I clicked the discount tab

Step two: selected the plus button

Step three: in the WA discount Wizard I entered "member discount" in the available name field

Step three: I selected "total number of Unique items" in the Rule Trigger under the list of items

Step four: in the Condition, I selected ">" (greater than).

Step five: I pressed the plus (+) button to set the trigger (and the following equation was generated: Total number of items >0

Step six: On the Rule Calculation section I selected " Decreased based on column subtotal" from the list

Step 7: from the column list I select" Total Discount"
I made sure that "plus" is shown in the operators list and "0" was shown in the value field.

This is where I'm stuck.

After clicking the catalogues page for my server model (products_results.php) and clicking on the recordset WAecart (From Recordset) in the server behavior, and later clicked on the bindings tab I get a mysql error not found in the "default value field".

Question: What am I doing wrong? my server is working well, and my database functions well. Is there another way to proceed with this in powerstore?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...