close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Problems with Site Sculptor {SS} Wizard

Thread began 12/27/2010 12:08 pm by don324575 | Last modified 12/27/2010 12:34 pm by don324575 | 1078 views | 1 replies

don324575

Problems with Site Sculptor {SS} Wizard

Dear Sirs:

Sorry to bother you with this Bah Humbug message from your oldest client.

Background: Working on Dell with/CS3/DW 9.0, Windows XP Pro system. Built www.thiemecreativemedia.com with WebAssist/Site Assist. Purchased Site Sculptor {SS} a few months ago. Finding it frustrating and not user-friendly. Would like to master SS for many reasons.

See attached Word file [couldn't attach due to your file size limitations]. Here's extracted copypoints only:

"SS will not allow me to get back to “WebAssist > Preset Manager.”

I was only one-third of the way through SS Wizard when I had to click on SS/Wizard “Finish.” I saved my “work-in-progress” as “FineArt1.”

After clicking on “Import” {above}, I get this strange Windows Explorer-like window below. Notice “Files of Type” below. Have no idea of how to get back to my “work-in-progress” project.

Also, it looks like the WA/SS Wizard assumes I want to finish building my site and immediately upload the site to the Web Hosting Company {WHC} server. This is a bad assumption on the part of WA/SS Wizard.

I still have to add Body Copy Content, XML Flash slide show treatments where you see the “Voodoo Rose” image and blurb in attached files.

How do I get back to my “work-in-progress” project or do I have to start all over again??? Not good!!!

Trying another SS route — within DW see the folders and files that were generated by SS Wizard when I clicked on “Finish” {even though I wasn’t “Finished”}.

I then opened, within DW, “sitesculptor_template.dwt” and “index.html”.

The below image is seen in DW/Firefox “preview” mode when you open “index.html” file in DW. You see a portion of your “Midnight Oasis” Template.

You can see above where I have already identified the “departments” of content within the SS Wizard, e.g., “Gallery,” “Biography,” etc.

Below is the “sitesculptor_template.dwt” file that shows an Interior Site page with “HOME Page” in the horizontal nav strip.

SS baffled! And yes, I’m printing out every WA/SS “help” document I can find.

Q. Do I need to start over and re-do the “partial work” I had already done on “Midnight Oasis/Portfolio” options?

Q. How do I find the EXACT pixel measurements for <td/tr’s> so I know how to size the images I want to insert into sections of the SS Template, e.g., “Masthead,” “Body Copy/Content section” where you have the diamond ring/blurb, etc.?”

Q. Can you guide me on how to massage the color treatment on “Midnight Oasis?” See attached comp indicating what client wants in overall look.

Q. Doesn’t WA/SS have a basic “Sign Up Form” module [“From,” “Name,” “Email,” “Phone,” “Comment”] to insert on a “Contact” page? With or without “Captcha” technology to defeat spammers.

Professional colleagues are urging that I leave WA/SS and embrace other Template modules, but would like to stick with WA/SS."

Also, see other images attached that hopefully will help you help me.

Merry Christmas!

Don

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...