close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

PS 4.01 Key word issue

Thread began 11/26/2010 8:19 pm by alanodee366647 | Last modified 2/10/2011 8:14 am by alanodee366647 | 6745 views | 29 replies

alanodee366647

Individualized Meta tags

Wow, That is sort of a disappointing reply though. Submit this important matter as a Feature request? Seriously, it is like having a great looking house that is on a unnamed and unknown street that is not on a map. One has no way to find your house, because it is not on a map. It is the same issue with no personalized meta tags (keyword,description) on each individual item. I specialize in rare and uncommon video games. The strength of my shop is that I have many rare items. The search bots want to index my rare things item by item, but your software does not allow keywords to be indexed. Now I can go into dreamweaver and make each item by hand as a static url and refer it to my web site and that allows indexing. It will not correct the fact that the Spiders will see hundreds of page titles ALL THE SAME. The spiders may not search all my pages and quit indexing because it sees the same titles, and no one in the whole wide web will know that I have a specific rare item for sale. It really is a major flaw that should have probably been corrected before version 4.0. I have always supported your site and have purchased previous software. I bought this because I thought the majority of the bugs/issues would be worked out by version 4.0. This is not a Feature that should be considered. Without this correction everyone's business could suffer and not live up to its potential. I hope not to convert over to some free ecart php programs that is freely available and is free to use, because I really like the layout of your software. But Search Engine Optimization is extremely important in a ecommerce software package. It is not a luxury nor is a a feature to be considered. It is the water in the ocean, and the air that we breathe in ecommerce. If this is not corrected then I have no choice but to scrap my plans to use your software and probably not purchase any more items from your site in the future. I have to have software that allows the search engines to index my website without perceived errors and a way for it to utililze keywords. Please consider this as something that needs fixed now and not something to add as a feature to a later edition of this software. It would be a simple fix and would only need to make a new database for keywords and desciptions that can be added to the webpage when it is being created and allow for your software to be SEO.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...