close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Edit after built

Thread began 11/10/2010 12:03 pm by goodnightsweetprince417997 | Last modified 11/29/2010 6:18 am by goodnightsweetprince417997 | 2468 views | 7 replies

Mike Perry

Originally Said By: dougdye381447
  Thanks for the quick reply!

Understand that I have not bought it yet, I'm trying to clear up those questions. I am pretty capable at Dreamweaver and using extensions, but not experienced at all with CSS, I only have Joomla experience to compare this to.  

Doug -- Site Sculptor is not a full-blown CMS system like Joomla. It permits a user to easily edit content on existing pages -- that said, it does not permit the wide range of site content creation provided by Joomla.

Think of SS as an initial site styling/page/navigation creator that provides pages capable of having their content updated.

How much do I have to go through to create a new page? A client cannot create a new page for his site through CMS?  

You as the Site developer can easily create new pages using the template created by SS. A "user" cannot, unless they also have access to DW and the page template file.

Another question: Can I add other extensions (for example, DWUser's XML Flash slideshow) to a page? If so, can I edit the XML Flash slideshow after it's been finished?  

If it's just content I see no reason why not.

Would you say that this extension is comparable at all to Joomla?  

In a word, no.

Sorry about all of the questions, I'm trying to figure out if this is a "real" CMS, or a limited version, and if using it will create restrictions rather than add usability. Believe me, I am hoping that I will get answers that will allow us to buy this extension.  

Hope this helps. . .

Mike

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...