close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Data Assist - Issue creating unique profile pages for users

Thread began 11/26/2010 1:59 pm by hbibizadeh396670 | Last modified 11/30/2010 5:12 pm by hbibizadeh396670 | 4539 views | 12 replies

hbibizadeh396670

Data Assist - Issue creating unique profile pages for users

I have created a social networking site using Data assist which allows people to upload images, videos, etc... To the site which can be viewed by the public in a gallery. The system has been built using multiple database tables. However I have run into an Issue.
I am struggling to set up profile pages.

When a person views an image detail page from an Image database table, they have an option to click on the user’s username and be redirected to that users profile page where information from another user database table needs to show. (First, Last Name, etc...)
In this system I am trying to combine two database tables, I need the system to show the right users profile according to which username has been selected in the image gallery, and then display that users information from another database table.

So Far I have achieved:

I have used a user registration system database table and an image database table in this instance.

I have used both the registration table for the creation of users and profile pages. When a person registers with the site, it creates a record in the table,
Once the user is logged in they are able to access a "Set up profile" page, (an update data assist page), which updates certain fields in the record, which the profile page needs to show.

So far, people can create their profile page, the information inserts in the table fine, however I cannot show the right information for the write profile page,

To link the detail pages to the profile page I have used the following link

../PublicPhotosProfilePages/PublicPhotosProfilePage.php?CustID=<?php echo(rawurlencode($row_WADAimagetable['CustID'])); ?>

Then in the profile page I have created two record sets, One for the image table, the other for the user table.

I inserted a text field which dynamically show the users user name from the session variable brought from the detail page,

A cookie from “Cookies tool kit” which dynamically picks up the users ID from the image table.

<?php echo $row_WADAimagetable['UserID']; ?>
And then I filter the users database table record set off the cookie I created.
However this does not seem to work. Sometimes information shows sometimes for the wrong user and other times not at all.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...