close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Two questions about image resizer

Thread began 11/25/2010 9:39 am by anstara245021 | Last modified 1/24/2011 9:39 am by anstara245021 | 1765 views | 3 replies

anstara245021

Two questions about image resizer

Hi, here are my questions.

1) I create a "cache" folder inside a general "img" folder to store the resized images. After loading the page I check the folder img and I find an entire folder tree as it follows: cache/sullastrada (site root)/img/news/proportion/IMG_3417_w50_h33/ then the image.
Is it normal ? Does the extension recreates the entire tree folder from root to image ?

2) Imageresizer creates a thumbnail on the fly, and that's perfectly fine. If I have to delete the image the thumb was created from, is there a way to do so ? I try to explain what I mean.

I used ADDT. I Uploaded an image to the server and stored its name in the database. Using a behaviour called "show image thumbnail" (or something similar) on the page, I created on the fly a miniature af the original image. I could choose where to store the new image, its size, and so on... This is quite the same as Imageresizer does.
Then if I needed to delete the original image I simply used a "delete image" (or similar) behaviour and it retrieved the image name from the database, deleted the original image and each thumbnail that was created from that image. Everything worked completely automatic and nothing new was written in the database. I don't know how they did that, but indeed it was really a time saver feature.

This is one thing I miss ADDT. Is there a way to do something similar with your extensions ? If not almost the same, is there a way to do something "quite" similar ?
I'm asking so, because If I upload, say, 10000 images and generate 10000 thumbs, then delete those 10000 images... I will have 10000 thumbs, 10000 custom "IMG_3417_wXX_hXX" folders and who knows how many more folders and files.

Thank You

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...