close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Help needed with working around the limitations of Site Sculptor

Thread began 10/22/2010 1:07 am by Lon Winters | Last modified 10/30/2010 7:49 pm by Lon Winters | 1915 views | 7 replies

Lon WintersBeta Tester

Thanks Jason for the response -

My homepage layout contains nested divs in the content wrapper - for main content and left sidebar, When editing the site design preset, I select the content wrapper div as one of the three regions allowed, along with the main navigation and footer. I also choose to include the homepage in the CMS.

So, in the page that gets generated by Site Sculptor, those nested content divs are actually stripped from the code and replaced by the dynamic include. This means that editing an of the styles or properties of these tags introduces another layer of complexity into the process. And, the style sheet, screen.css is not the same one as the one made by CSS Sculptor.

I use mostly the Rule Definition dialog box to edit CSS (not the CSS panel or css page itself) where I can just hit "Apply" and see the change immediately. So I guess it boils down to that - I would like the same thing but in this new CMS environment. Here are a few options I can see -

1. Make sure all the layout elements are solid from the start - either in CSS Sculptor or before I save the page as a template

2. Just leave the homepage out of the CMS

3. Use Live view to see the content, but I'm not quote sure how I could preview the changes without uploading the screen.css file.

4. Finally break down and set up a local testing server where the local files and testing server files are the same.

5. Take my original CSS Sculptor page and attach it to the new screen.css file and just use that page for the purpose of editing and preview only.

I know there's no right or wrong way to do this - I'm just looking for insight on what is the most efficient process.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...