close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Resize by max width & height

Thread began 10/13/2010 1:42 am by neilo | Last modified 10/14/2010 5:32 pm by neilo | 3938 views | 10 replies

neilo

Thanks Ray,

But the div that will eventually be on the live page will have no content in it initially (text or images), until my client uploads some.

My difficulty in understanding the extension boils down to this:

The GSG says:

Before launching Image Resizer, highlight the area, or section of code on your page that will contain the images you are resizing.
The Image Resizer functionality will be applied to all images that are inserted within this area.

So, I want a div in my page to resize any images placed in it to set width and height. The div on the live page will have no content in it initially. No text, no images.

If I highlight the div (as per GSG) and launch the Image Resizer, the div gets deleted, and is replaced by an image placeholder.

If I place the cursor inside the div, launch the IR (set to Proportion to box) it applies some code - along with an image placeholder.

From the GSG:

Now that the Image Resizer functionality has been applied to your page, you can define the desired width and height for the image in the Dreamweaver Properties inspector.

I assume that that means I apply the size and width to the image placeholder, as it is the only way I can bring up width/height in the properties panel, so I do.

NOW:

As the div will be empty of images and text when uploaded to the live server, do I just leave the (source-less) image placeholder there? If I delete it, there is nowhere in any of the pages that has recorded the required 200px x 300px dimensions. I searched the webassist/caching/CachedResize_Image.php page to see if it had been recorded there, but it hasn't. So I leave the placeholder there.

Still, I upload this with another image in it (not resized) - according to the GSG and the promo, this should be resized by the resizer. It isn't.

SO:

How do I place an empty div, table or table cell online that will resize any images placed within it?

Are you saying that the div must have one (random) image in it set to the desired max width/height in order for the IR to work for that whole div/table cell?

What happens when my client deletes that random image for newsletters that have no images? How does the div/table cell retain the ability to resize the images when there are no images pre-existing with the given dimensions?

Also, how do I apply the behaviour to the div or table without IR deleting it?

Sorry to be so thick!

Thanks

[Please also see my response to the ticket]

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...