close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Powerstore 4 - Thanks

Thread began 9/24/2010 12:42 pm by MikeH | Last modified 9/25/2010 12:38 pm by MikeH | 2766 views | 12 replies

davas56386677

Powerstore 4, just for the English community or ?

Hi Ray,

Your exchange with Mike (UK) seems to give evidence that all other foreign customers (France, Germany,...) are now out of the run as Webassist has considerably changed its policy and focusing primarily on the English speaking community ?

It's a pity as your products are great and should be made easily accessible to non-English customers and developers as well. Until now I made all translations and adaptions by myself to PS2 and PS3, and are running fine, but a time consuming undertaking which could be used for more productive development issues.

I do also regret the unilateral cancellation by Webassist (and especially the short notice of roughly 2 weeks) of the Extension Library Subscription for which I'm now obliged to purchase the Super Suite to maintain my development environment operational. A big drawback ! Please also take notice that Super Suite is advertised for 799.99$ on its page but advertised for 699.99$ on the FEATURES tabs in the Dynamic and CSS Design Suites. What's the final price ? I sent an email to Micheal (LESKE), but got no feedback yet !

Today we live and inter-operate in a global world, so think about it !

PS4 is now serialized (license) and limited to a testing site and an online site. Is that correct ?

If so, what happens to developers who'd like to use this usage limit of 2 licenses for coming customers (for which a new purchase of PS4 is mandatory I guess and also limited to 2 licenses). Having purchased a first package of PS4 with 2 licenses (but only ONE license number !!!) wherefore 1 license is for testing (or developing) usage and the remaining for the customers site (final product/solution), may I use the 2 licenses of the next mandatory purchase of PS4 for customers usage solely or not ? While PS4 is actually sold with only ONE LICENSE NUMBER, it seems impossible to use the same number for two distinct customers ! If that is the fact, all developers shall have to purchase a PS4 bundle for each customer's development. Is that the retail policy set by Webassist for PS4 ?

May I suggest a more flexible alternative (2 different license numbers per PS4 bundle, e.g.) to developers. That should increase the attractiveness of PS4, shouldn't it, and increase the sales for sure ? Please, do also consider that the growing demand of customers (sophistication of design, and so on) is not completely covered by the PowerStore solutions, thus needing rather important and time consuming modifications in design, functionality, dynamics and security. I recently noticed on the web a growing offer of developers from countries where salaries are far below US and EU standards. To keep up with competition the basic investment should be reasonable !

Thanks for your answers

Best regards

Daniel

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...