close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Please Explain the Various Form Types, Plus No Validation!

Thread began 9/10/2010 9:32 pm by Jim376112 | Last modified 9/30/2010 3:38 pm by Jim376112 | 2269 views | 13 replies

Jim376112

Thanks for the response Jason but some of my questions were missed. All of the following are from a brand new .php page | Insert CSS Form | Select <New from Blank>and <Cool> | Edit (form type) | Add Fieldset | select Group | Edit (with Category = Login & Email and password):

- Checkbox Group and Checkboxes, as you can see in the attached image, I added a Checkbox Group with Single Column selected as you specified and than a Validation of "2 to 3". Then I added three Checkboxes, all with Validation checked and Standard for Size (which is the only available choice). The attached image shows that the checkbox labels are still all together on the left side. I've attached the Test.php code that the Wizard generated.

In addition, I do not understand "Validation". I guessed that the Checkbox Validation meant that (in my case) at least 2 but no more than 3 checkboxes must be checked. But after unchecking all checkboxes in the form when it came up and Submitting, I get no error message so I suppose my interpretation of what this does is wrong. What is the Validation for a Checkbox Group and what does "Validation" (with no additional settings available) for a Checkbox mean? In particular, any one Checkbox can either be checked or not checked and either state is a "valid" state so what does "Validation" mean when associated with a particular Checkbox as the editor offers?

- CVV - This does validate for a maximum of four characters but it allows "aaaa" rather than forcing all digits (which is what a CVV must be).

- Radio Group - My use of the word "individual" in my prior questions was misleading (I realize that a single Radio button is meaningless). I was asking how, in the editor, I specify that I want Radio buttons as opposed to Checkboxes. In the Editor's "Field Type" dropdown list we have Checkbox Group and Checkbox as two choices. However, we only have Radio Group - there is no Radio button selection. I understand the purpose of Radio buttons, but I see no way to specify that I want some.

- Finally, I am a bit confused about Fieldsets, Groups and Elements. As an example, I'd like to use the Contact (Simple) form but I'd like a (Country) Menu Field after Email and before Comment. I see that I can select Group 1 and Add a new Group 2, select Lists and pick a Category of Country. But, that puts the Country Menu after Comment. On the other hand, I can Edit Group 1 and add a new Element in between Email and Comment and set its Type to Menu but there is no way to set a Category of Country so I get an empty list. Am I missing something; do I have the wrong approach?

Thank you.

Attached Files
Test.php.txt

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...