close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

moving store files to root

Thread began 9/11/2010 12:45 am by rmountain411063 | Last modified 9/13/2010 10:59 am by rmountain411063 | 1479 views | 4 replies

rmountain411063

Uploading to live server, empty delimiter error msg

Thanks Jennifer,

As my first attempt, I'm not sure what kind of mess I've made for myself here. My images and CSS is not showing up properly (or at all), getting 404 msg and 'empty delimiter' error msgs. My goal to fix this and use the SQL database that I've built up already.
I'd like to understand how to trouble shoot these problems I have now and also build a checklist of sorts for future use.
I'm looking forward to any feedback and addons to the list from experienced users.

Moving PowerStore 3 files to live server (root folder)

1. Delete these lines from the WA_Globals.php file

<?php
//need to run installation wizard
if(!file_exists('../Connections/installed.txt') && (!file_exists('Connections/installed.txt'))) {
if(file_exists('../install/index.php')) {
header('Location: ../install/index.php');
} else {
header('Location: install/index.php');
}
exit();
}
?>

2. Update SQL Database 'wa_settings' file line 1 (Root URL) to reflect the root folder of the websiste as 'http://www.mywebsite.com' and NOT 'http://www.mywebsite.com/PowerStore300'.
Delete '/PowerStore30/' from line 9 (Local Root) and 10 (Remote Root).

eg. mywebsite.com NOT PowerStore300

3. From inside Dreamweaver; Move the website files from the 'PowerStore300' folder to the root.

4. Update any references inside the index.php file so that it is not looking for the 'PowerStore300' folder.

5. Upload the files to the live server (root folder).
Include 'Connections' folder? What file(s) should be inside the connections folder?

6. Remove any previous website files such as index.html, CSS files, and 'PowerStore300' folder from the live server.

7. Log into WebAssist Admin and update details for going live.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...