close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

create variable for Record ID and send in URL

Thread began 9/05/2010 9:26 am by neilo | Last modified 9/06/2010 10:50 am by neilo | 4273 views | 8 replies

neilo

create variable for Record ID and send in URL

As you well know, I have the ability to look at a page full of PHP code, and within just a few seconds, come up with a recipe for lemon-drizzle cake. I need help to do this simple procedure:

I have done a couple of sites that have a 'Quick Links' area which draws its content from a database (here and here)

On the page I have a recordset (calendar).

I have a repeating region containing the dynamic text drawn from the recordset, therefore I have (once the HTML is stripped out) the following, which is all OK:

<?php echo date('jS F Y',strtotime($row_calendar['event_begin'])); ?>
<?php echo date('g:ia',strtotime($row_calendar['event_time'])); ?>
<?php echo $row_calendar['event_title']; ?>
<?php echo $row_calendar['event_short']; ?>

I need to add in to the repeating region a value for event_id from the recordset (hidden) as a variable that I can carry forward in a URL to another page, so that I can do a SELECT FROM using that ID on the new page.

The simple aim is to have a 'more . . . ' link for each record in the repeating region that links to a page with full details of that particular event.

Please could someone baby-step me through this apparently simple procedure?

Thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...