close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

ADDT includes vs WA includes

Thread began 8/10/2010 10:52 am by Mike | Last modified 9/04/2010 11:59 pm by Mike | 6829 views | 30 replies

Miguel

This has been the most interesting debate on this forum I have read, I still haven’t got the WA includes, but will get it any time soon, I’m still to dependant on ADDT, one of the mayor lacks on addt dynamic table includes, was the lack to set dynamic titles and meta tags which I had to work around manually, example on a product page it could not grab the name of the product directly for the meta title, I hope this feature comes with the WA framework.

On the discussion about the trigger function I found that really easy to use and time saving hope WA team thinks on developing something similar.

On time consuming I still see more benefits using addt when I have many projects at the same time, specially on the multiple insert, edit, delete, and sorting list, the forms are easy to modify unless you customize them to change a lot the look and feel, which on data assist combined with css form builder it’s been a nightmare due to the complex code css form builder adds to each page, which for any change I would need to do it manually or redo the page, the Pro of using data assist with the css form builder are the nice validations but when it comes to modify an existing form o my god, and to build a CMS or store I still go and use ADDT cause it takes me 5 times less time than when using Data assist with css form builder, now these 2 products need to be integrated and need a more easy panel to modify a form, if you missed to add something on it or need to change some of the fields, cause the client called a week later to tell you that he also needs X or Y fields to be inserted in the database.

Now using WA products I notice that my websites load much faster and don’t have to give a client excuses that the server is slow sometimes, I also agree webassist products make the code much less complicated to alter if you know a bit of php.

Also I agree with neo314 about using more jquery than spry, jquery is much easier to understand and modify.

The pro of WA for me is the easy code alter and the fast loading, the Const comparing to ADDT is the time consuming of WA products cause you need to do a lot of things on your own.

Some one mention about email sending i like more the universal emailer than the one integrated with ADDT thats a pro for WA.

Also the CSS maker of webassist is the top notch of thier products that is one of the products i have felt more time saving to build the structure of the design really quick.

Also the search from data assist is pretty nice i love it, and it just needs a twick if you guys ever plan to make the dynamic list with the sort function already implemented the result page needs an easy to use filter thing like the ones on Nextensio List.

When WA gets many of those ADDT (Nextensio) features into their products I can bet we won’t ever talk again about ADDT, in the mean time I have both products and I will keep updating my WA extensions just hoping you guys can beat Interkat on time consumption for us developers/designers, so we can depend entirely on WA.

Sorry my very poor english grammer!

Sades

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...