close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Framework Themes, Dynamic themes and Plug-ins

Thread began 8/15/2010 1:09 pm by neilo | Last modified 8/16/2010 3:08 am by neilo | 928 views | 3 replies

neilo

Framework Themes, Dynamic themes and Plug-ins

1. Am I right in understanding the difference between 'standard' and 'Framework Theme' templates:

• Old (standard DWT) template: Once updated and saved, and changes ripple through pages based on that template, all changed pages need to be (re)uploaded to remote server (i.e. normal procedure).

• New (WA Theme) template: Once updated, only that (WA Theme) template needs to be uploaded to remote server (along with any newly included related files)?
2. Am I right in understanding that 'Plug-ins' = 'includes'?

Right from the off, the use of the word 'plug-ins' has given me brain-haemerrhoids in my effort to comprehend any instruction on the workings of the framework. Had the word consistently been 'includes, I would (I believe) have got my noodle round the concept a lot more quickly.

I read (or at least started to read) the official guide, but ended up re-reading the same paragraphs over and over, but was constantly in the dark. Either I was too dim or the GSG bulb was broken. I am at the (st)age where no matter how much I think about and try to get to grips with new ideas, the bulk of thinking tends not to save on exit: having to translate at the same time is definitely a step too far.

3. Visual Aids

I need them. Had it not been for Russell's work on the explanatory Pdf I would be in a very large huff and feeling horribly left out of the buzz. I would love it if Russel could be part of the process on future guides, - some people (me) learn things so much more easily with visual instruction.

4. This doesn't appear to be a 'framework' or 'framework builder' as such. The framework (as I understand it) will contain other components (as advertised), e.g. a data-grid. When these arrive, will there be dot-release upgrades to existing framework builder, and will these 'slot in' to an actual framework?

5. Thanks Russell, - good job. You got WebAssist a sale (imminent).

Cheers all.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...