close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Using UE to send to a mailing list.

Thread began 10/29/2009 5:58 am by andy281320 | Last modified 9/13/2010 12:40 pm by andy281320 | 3831 views | 8 replies

mark52139

Is this still true with the latest 4 version - I would like to create an admin page and send out emails to my customers with what events they are subscribe to. I only have around 200 emails at most at one time. I am a little confused on how to filter the recordset though - tried url parameter and that worked but only sent that to 1 customer need to send to multiple customer at one time and display only their info.

Thanks - Can i do this with Webassist or should i look at emailmerge?

Originally Said By: SOJO web
  Andy,

For mass email, I would recommend not using Universal Email for a couple of reasons.

One, server companies typically prefer you use the sendmail function from PHP for mass mail rather than using account email protocol which is far more taxing on the server.

Two, Universal Email does not have any way to "throttle" the amount sent.

If you are determined to do this on your own server, Linecraft (help.php) does make a mass email extension that you can define the list based on a recordset and then set the interval for how many emails go out in each burst. I caan confirm that it works decent, but if you want some that works really well and has great tracking, then I would use a service like Mad Mimi (www.madmimi.com/). I swear by them... your emails will look awesome, you will have full reports of how many have read, what links were clicked and by who, and how many bounce. And the pricing is really really good in comparison to other similar providers.

Cheers,

Brian  

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...