close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

location of XHTML and CSS store files?

Thread began 7/11/2010 11:48 pm by rasputin307444 | Last modified 7/20/2010 12:35 am by rasputin307444 | 1364 views | 4 replies

rasputin307444

clarifying defaults, descriptions, etc.

Jimmy:

First off, I apologize for not responding sooner. I have "instant notification" checked and never received ANY notification, let alone "instant". So, sorry about that, and thanks for responding.

Here is what I want to accomplish:
1) I have one dedicated ipAddress for my antiMall.org domain.
That is where I installed PowerStore3.
2) It has three domains that share its ipAddress which are the stores, each with their own databased products and store "look-and-feel".
3) All stores will use the same shopping cart, customer registration/authentication, payment authorization, and check-out.
4) So, the mall is "common" and the stores are distinct in how their web pages look. When you "walk" into a store, the CSS/XHTML will make it look different than the common mall and other two stores. What is available is only available in that store. You select an item or two, take your cart out into the mall again, and either check out or go into another store with that same cart. make sense?

So, I need to know how to install PowerStore and my Super Suite extensions, and where, such that I can share the common pieces and also make unique the store "ambiance" and availed products.

I despise stores that have everything in them competing for your eye; they're confusing and demeaning. Each store has a theme, like a restaurant would have.

Do I need to setup Powerstore3-accessible databases for each store and have what database is being looked at depending on which store is entered?

I could still use the same registration and shopping cart until that user logs out, right?

So, how do I distinguish a single store, and where?

Right now I log in as admin only.
It's setting up a test user that I need to let go into 2 stores, each with its own database (or section of a database) with one cart.

I need to know what pieces/modules are affected, where they reside, and what code to look for.

I see no code documentation, no module descriptions, no variable descriptions. Where is that basic code documentation kept or what would you suggest for mapping module data flow?

I need to map what may not be mapped. It's going to be very helpful to know system integration of modules, and what goes on inside the modules I am dealing with. At Intel, Mentor Graphivcs, and Network General, every module had a header that could be accessed. Maybe I can run a script to grab those headers so I can discover the info? Suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks Jimmy!

best wishes,
chris

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...