close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

E Cart

Thread began 7/14/2010 11:44 pm by J7HNW | Last modified 7/19/2010 1:54 pm by J7HNW | 2006 views | 5 replies

J7HNW

E Cart

Please advise. I have just completed my first PHP site with e Cart and all is now working. Thank you. I want to put in a sub site. My client runs a site for mens hair products and a second site for womens hair products. He wants to run both sites on my webserver so they can both use the same e commerce into his one merchant account.

We are putting in a category which will define whether a product is Mens or Womens so on my product listings we will filter out all proucts relating to the other sex.

My idea is that we set up a folder within the working Mens site for the Womens products. This way I can use the existing Database and Cart which is all set up and working now at Sagepay to speed up development time.

So in theory I will add a folder called "Womens" under the root - put in an Index.php with all Graphics for Women and point the Domain name to this file. The products list will be filtered so only products for women will appear.Are there any issues if I build the new site like this ? When it comes to the Cart - can I still use the same cart I have now without issues ?

Would I be best to run the entire checkout wizard again within the Womens folder so it creates a new set of Checkout Pages - ( I want to brand these also with the womens site logo ) or will this cause any problems.

Or am I better for example to duplicate the checkout files which already exist ( for example copy checkout.php as ladies_checkout.php and add womens logo and branding etc ) - and then just remap the button from the ladies site to the ladies_checkout.php so it goes through the same form as now but just with the ladies logo ?

Hope all makes sense.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...