close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Not sure if this is a DA or DFP question...

Thread began 7/12/2010 2:03 pm by jeffmg279672 | Last modified 7/20/2010 2:25 pm by jeffmg279672 | 3463 views | 14 replies

jeffmg279672

Thanks for the response to my query. I have put a page together (zipped & attached) and hope you can clarify a couple of issues for me.
I've put a form on the page which hopefully uploads some fields to the reviews table and also to the reviewers table. I did this by running the DA wizard to create an insert page to insert records into the reviews table, then added additional form fields and a DA insert record behavior to insert these into the reviewers table. To do this I have a separate recordset for each table.
I should stress that I haven't tested this yet so I don't know whether that part is right or not. My problem is this - I want the reviewers to be able to select from 3 drop down menus at the top of the form the location, the type and the name of the vet practice respectively. So, I've added a drop down for each and bound them using a third recordset, then altered the code in the recordset to select DISTINCT for each. However, that's not happening - when I test the page locally using MAMP, I'm getting a page which loads slowly, with the 3 drop-down menus building first, then the rest of the page. And when it's fully loaded, I've got multiple instances of locations rather than one of each, which isn't what I wanted.
So... the question is, how do I alter these 3 menus so that they do what I want (which is for the reviewer to pull down the location first, then the type, then the name of the practice, then fill out the form to upload a review that's specific to that vet in that location)? Thanks in advance for your help.

Attached Files
add_review.php 2.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...