close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Data Source

Thread began 7/05/2010 4:04 pm by zmora222819 | Last modified 7/09/2010 7:15 am by zmora222819 | 1087 views | 3 replies

zmora222819

Data Source

I am using Dreamweaver and cannot get past the first page of Data Assist Wizard because my datasource it not defined. When I go to Define it, it brings up a small window where I am to enter the Coldfusion Administrator URL. My web host provider does not allow us to administer the Coldfusion server for security reasons but they do allow us to define data sources. I had created page's before without having the data source defined but since I have upgraded to the latest Data Assist, I can't seem to get it going again. My data source is defined by an application.cfm page which lists my data source like this: <cfset application.dsn="RGCF_be">

Pages I had created before continue to work but within DW under data sources it does not show a database defined. In the code of a typical query it lists this: <cfquery datasource="#WA_connection#" username="username" password="password">

I need to create a new form to insert, modify data into existing data fields within my already working database but cannot get past this first part. Could someone please help me with the fix to this problem. I am on a deadline so need solution quickly

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...