close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Data Assist insert and delete item question

Thread began 6/21/2010 8:34 pm by nick354316 | Last modified 6/25/2010 3:06 pm by nick354316 | 1736 views | 5 replies

nick354316

Data Assist insert and delete item question

Hi Dave - Yeah, I thought it was beyond what the the scope of tech responsibility, and to underscore, thanks for going the extra mile on this for me. You have clarified it a little more for me, and at a glance, CraigR's link looks like it goes into greater detail. Many thanks to you, Craig, for the link. Your taking the time to help is really appreciated.

And now irony plays a part. Had I not bought the Suite of extensions and addons, and spent countless (I can't bear to count them), lost revenue hours trying to work through developing what I am sure is a very simple PHP based site, I most certainly would have had the budget to hire someone from the Jobs Forum. And, if I factor in my time, I would have come out far ahead to have just had someone do the entire site for me. And if you factor in the adverse effect that missing my deadlines for this job has had on my reputation... well, I prefer not to think about it. Live and learn. And, just so it is clear, I am not blaming anyone but myself. I should have looked more deeply through the forums, and the all too similar reviews prior to making my purchases. End of venting.

Just to be perfectly clear, I am sincerely grateful for all your help. I would have been far more lost than I presently am without it. At least now, with your help, I can anticipate the end of the project.

One thing about the logic of the original question: If you are building a site for a client with a rotating stock of the same items, it would just seem logical that you would have the capability to remove an item from the store without destroying that information in their database, thereby requiring them to look up and enter, once again, the information from an outside source.

Your solution with the 'Published, not Published' or 'Private, not Private' option seems like it would be both a simple and logical one for WebAssist to incorporate into the DataAssist Wizard. My lack of programming knowledge doesn't prevent me from understanding the benefit that would provide the users of your product and in so doing, increasing the appeal of the WebAssist extensions.

I am sure there is a wishlist for items like this, however, at the moment, I don't have the time to look for it. Maybe when this seemingly endless job is over, I'll look for it (hmm. Sounds like more frustration fighting through) and enter it there.

So, to sum up, your efforts to help me are appreciated at a level that I cannot presently convey, so all I can say is thank you for all your help.

I'll let you know if the information at the link that Craig provided will help resolve the problem for me.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...