close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Delete specific Image File when uploading new images.

Thread began 6/24/2010 7:25 am by Digibug | Last modified 6/28/2010 7:31 am by Digibug | 4915 views | 5 replies

Digibug

Hi Jason,

The cropped images does replace the old one but it's not really the cropping section i'm having a problem with.

I've attached a zip file that includes the cropping process & the image update page.

The process is currently like this:
• User uploads up to 12 images - the system resizes and saves two files
• User is then going to be taken to a page that displays all uploaded images
• User is then able to crop any image of the uploaded images and a new additional file is saved called cropped.
• The page that displays the images is then refreshed to show the new cropped image
• The user can then click the next image and crop, page refreshes and repeat until cropping is complete.

The problem i have is when the user replaces any of the original images they've uploaded, the page that shows the cropped images will not change because the cropped image is still on the server even though the new uploaded images have successfully overwritten and replaced the 2 resized pictures.

What I need to do is delete the cropped picture when a new image is uploaded, so:

Upload new image 3 and system overwrites the 2 resized and deletes cropped image 3
Upload new image 4 and system overwrites the 2 resized and deletes cropped image 4
Upload new image 6 and system overwrites the 2 resized and deletes cropped image 6

Etc...

I've got it to delete cropped images but it's deleting all of them rather than the ones that relate to the new images being uploaded.

Hope this makes sense, i've zipped up the code of the pages in question so you can see.

Thanks so much for taking a look for me, really hope you can help.

Lee

P.S. This cropping setup is really good, you guys should consider including a feature like this on Powerstore or your CMS setup.

Attached Files
php files.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...