close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Having connection problems related to password

Thread began 6/18/2010 7:08 am by gail.bergan407744 | Last modified 6/23/2010 2:19 am by gail.bergan407744 | 4430 views | 18 replies

gail.bergan407744

Thanks

Thanks very much for your detailed reply, this is what I needed. I apologize for my frustration level yesterday, which was very high. I shouldn't have lashed out.

Now to productive matters. Yes the identical "users" table was added to my preexisting table and I did a mysql dump to get the thing imported intact to my server. My first question is, should I have not done this? Should I have instead maintained your Users database as a separate entity and should I delete the duplicate Users table from my membership db? I AM able to connect to my db with no problems using the u/p provided by my hosting service.

The two different connections files have indeed caused some additional confusion - I wasn't sure which one the files should be pointing to. So thanks for clearing that up. They do indeed use different variable names, which my hosting service tech support pointed out, so I thought the issue was that I should instead be pointing to this one.

Every time I have followed the tutorial and tried to set a password for root in my localhost.php file, I do a test and cannot connect, either to mysqladmin (get an error msg in the browser) or through the test button in Dreamweaver. I cannot figure out what is causing this. Will try again. I have followed the tutorial for setting up the globals file and I believe that is set up correctly.

Thanks again for your help; will post back.

I do

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...