close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Site Sculptor Customization

Thread began 6/16/2010 9:03 am by Jared Lui | Last modified 6/16/2010 1:31 pm by Jared Lui | 982 views | 3 replies

Jared Lui

Hi Justin, Thanks for your response. I know you all have the best intentions and strive to put forth great software and support. We appreciate that. And this isn't directed at you personally but I hope that this message gets through to all levels of your company. Your documentation and support assumes that all your clients are well versed in your terminology and all aspects of all of your software.

I've been a web designer/developer/instructor for over 12 years now and have used several of your other extensions. This does not make me an expert on all of your extensions. In fact you can consider me a newbie when it comes to Site Sculpture and all of the tools that surround it.

You are correct that I can play around with it and figure it out. And no I don't think that you need to hand walk us through every step, but you definitely need to give us more than you do currently. Your advice of playing with the software although true, I will be able to figure it out that way, does not really solve my issues with it. I have been playing with it 14 hours a day for a week now and all that is happening is that I am becoming more aggravated over it.

You say not to have more than one thread. I agree. I normally do not. But since this is our only means of support and when your other posts are being unanswered, I assumed you are ignoring it. I do not know your inner workings or your support system to know that someone may be looking into an issue I wrote about a day or two ago when I see nothing or hear nothing. I only see that threads written after mine are being answered.

I'm really not trying to be an ass here. I have really liked working with you guys in the past but you seem to be lacking some quality control and support as you are expanding and all I have to go by is what I see/read on this board.

Which leads me to my last point. Again. I am not dumb, but I am totally new to this extension and all it's parent/child extensions. So I will stress again, and please take this as constructive criticism from someone who designs and instructs documentation and support for web sites and software: you have to remember that most of the people that will post to your forums are 100% newbies and do not know your internal terminology. They may not have spent days, weeks, months, years building or quality checking the software to know how it all runs together. Not saying you need to talk to us like babies. But case in point: in 3 short sentences (39 words), you tried to describe how to fix all of my issues, in which you use terminology that does not exist to us. Nowhere in your documentation does it discuss where to find the "quick insert ui" let alone the "main" one. You use this twice as if it is in fact the name of the application. I can't find this application and have to assume you mean the Site Sculpture dialog. I know this is petty, but you have to understand when someone needs help and is confused, it leads to more confusion and frustration when support and documentation does not match with what we are seeing.

Justin, I do thank you for your time and please don't take this as an attack on you personally. And I hope that your person in charge of documentation will see to it that they detail it more and at a less advanced level. It should help cut down on your support questions.

Cheers!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...