close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Support status for 'customised' solutions

Thread began 6/12/2010 9:51 am by neilo | Last modified 6/16/2010 7:10 am by neilo | 1204 views | 4 replies

neilo

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  International support is not a feature in Powerstore currently, so adding it isn't directly supported.  

Then you should make that clear in the marketing material. As it is, all that is said about it on the product FAQ page is, "all details for each individual product option (including price, image, cart description, short description, and long description) can be specified and customized for each individual product option you create."

All of this was in my post 'Regarding the locked (for some) thread about PowerStore Currency', in which I posed entirely valid questions regarding your duty to your International customers, and your inexplicable refusal to simply provide all the required replacement pages to accomodate the € or the £ currencies. The afterthought added to the supposed 'closed' thread by Neil Beadle stated bluntly that if those PowerStore product customers changed a $ symbol to a € or £, then they would no longer be supported. I merely want to point out that this is unacceptable.

I also took exception to the following statement:

Originally Said By: Neil Beadle
  We recognize that this is a problem for our international customers and it is on the list of feature requests that we are considering for a future release of PowerStore. This does not guarantee that this feature will be added in the next version but we do recognize that it is a requested feature which we are working hard to accommodate for.  

I would just like to reiterate for the lifetime of this post, that having a 'solution' that works off-the-shelf for international customers isn't a "feature", it is a requirement unless you specifically and openly market the product towards dollar economies only.

You market the product to Europe - the material arrive in our inboxes - and you are happy to take the cash when it arrives. If you bought a DVD unit that specified that all options can be configured - only to find out that it didn't support your region, and then to hear from the support line that any attempt to configure it for your region rendered you ineligible for support, you would be annoyed too. You would effectively have a dud on your hands.

Fine if you don't want foreigners as customers, - but then you shouldn't take the money and run and then treat us as second-class.

Also in my post was criticism of your policy of closing or disappearing threads that you simply don't like. Ironically, my post was removed.

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  The problem is that we sell some solutions to non-developers that try to take on developer tasks, then say we are responsible for making sure they are successful. Neil is just clarifying that we are not.  

Then Neil is, and you are wrong. You are indeed responsible for seeing that customers equally receive a product that works as a solution, and that works as advertised. People were forced into trying to make their own edits just in order to have a working, useable solution, because you are incapable of recognising and fulfilling your own obligations.

Your attitude in this matter dismays me. Please would you now provide replacement pages for (at least) € and £ currencies.

On the 14th May, you said that, "We will be creating other channels for product feedback, and communication to our management." and, "We will be creating a more appropriate area for this type of feedback in the upcoming months." Please could you update us as to how the arrangements for this are going?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...