close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Standards Complient / Clean Code

Thread began 6/04/2009 4:27 pm by robert222776 | Last modified 5/26/2010 5:25 pm by robert222776 | 4694 views | 11 replies

robert222776

Thanks Joe.

With regard to "code collapse" I did not mean in the Dreamweaver sense where the code can be made to "disappear". What I meant by code "collapses and wraps" was that when I was in source view in the demo, I added some space/blank lines between div tags, put the heading tags on their own line, etc. to make it easier to read in source view, all while not changing how the design or preview page appears. Going from my "readable" source to design view back to source view undid all my spacing, and returned the code to it's original, less readable state. Granted clients will probably never do this, but I was just curious how PowerCMS would deal with my changes.

Are you saying that there is a "Source Formatting option in the Coding toolbar" of PCMS, that gives control similar to the code format preference in Dreamweaver? I did not see any reference to that in the PCMS toolbar. If that is the case, that this control exists somewhere within PCMS, then I as the developer can exert some control over how the code will appear after the client edits the page in PCMS.

I also noticed that when I change text color to red (or any non-black color) using the color picker on the PCMS toolbar, that rgb values were used in the code instead of the more common (in my opinion) hex number (that Dreamweaver uses when doing the same thing). Nothing wrong with that, but what was the thinking there? I know that Eric Meyer uses both formats interchangeably in his books.

Allso, if you could, please elaborate on the point Mark Fletcher made in the feature tour about PowerCMS integration with EM CSS Sculptur.

Thanks!
Robert

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...