close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Options disappeared from database

Thread began 3/15/2010 1:19 am by beemerrider280362 | Last modified 6/16/2010 10:38 am by beemerrider280362 | 2498 views | 9 replies

beemerrider280362

Database guidance

Could you reply with the best way to clean up the database, within the confines of not wanting to reenter any data. You also mentioned cleaning up the tables, besides looking for any quotes, what are you referring to in the clean up process?

I agree on a new database, but are you suggesting making a fresh database with all new tables with no data in them? If so I have two concerns.

(1) I have over 3,600 options entered and 170 products in this database, so the idea of rekeying this is pretty much out of the question unless absolutely necessary.

(2) If I dump just the data from the existing tables and import the data into the new database with new tables, won't that just carry over any errors that might exist in the current database?

Any help on the steps I might take to make the database more reliable would be appreciated. Oh, one more thing, this powerstore was up dated from version 2 to version 3, so all the old tables still exist in the current database along with the new table structure, this has always bothered me, not knowing which old tables could be removed from the database.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...