close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Importing DW Template MyCity100 into Site Sculptor

Thread began 6/11/2010 7:39 pm by admin319652 | Last modified 6/17/2010 6:40 pm by admin319652 | 3491 views | 7 replies

Jared Lui

Importing DW Template MyCity100 into Site Sculptor

Has anyone had success (or attempted) to use the DW template MyCity100 in Site Sculpter?

I have tried for 3 days to no avail although I am sure I am doing something wrong.

I've read the sparse documentation and u-tube tutorials on using DW templates in SS but they seem to be lacking details.

I know that I need to have create .dwt files and have them in a Templates directory (in fact they come like this in the ZIP file).

I know that I need to make at least the three editable regions (menu, content, footer) for each file. I've done this for the main.dwt file with no issues. However when I try to do this for the content.dwt file I cannot edit most of the code. The editable regions are already in place I assume from when I created them in the main.dwt file but are grayed out.

So thinking I should be able to work in the Preset Manager I begin to create a new site design. I give it a layout name of MyCity100 and choose Dreamweaver template and select the main file from the dropdown and click Next.

I choose a menu (this is another issue I have but will tackle later). In this case I use Media. I select the Menu region, the Content region and the Footer region from the dropdowns fine and click Next.

Step 3 is the Content Page. I choose content from the Dreamweaver template dropdown and click Next.

Again I choose Media from the Menu Writer preset dropdown.

Now when I get to Regions and try to select the Menu, Content, Footer regions, they are not showing up. They show up in the code, but the code is grayed out and will not allow me to edit. I've tried selecting the DIV tags and adding new editable regions (giving them new names) and they show up in the Regions dropdowns in Step 4 but when I try Finish I get all kinds of prompts and the extension crashes (freezes with blank values).

I'm giving up tonight. Perhaps I'll try with completely blank files tomorrow that contain only the three editable regions and see what happens. It would seem that templates created by Web Assist would work seemlessly in the products. Actually you should be able to just import them.

A side note, I spent 2 hours recreating the menu that MyCity100 has in Menu Writer only to have it lock up putting the finishing touches so decided to go with a pre-built menu.

If anyone has any insight in what I am doing wrong I'd appreciate it.

In case you need to know: I'm using CS4 on a WinXP SP3 machine. I'm a member of the extension library and have all the latest versions.

Thanks,
Jared

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...