close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

First Time Installation

Thread began 6/02/2010 11:38 am by designate407706 | Last modified 6/23/2010 3:00 pm by designate407706 | 4911 views | 23 replies

designate407706

First Time Installation

I'm not a developer, though I am not afraid of code.

I've purchased, downloaded, installed and registered. The einformation that I'm requesting is not in your Common Installation Issues or Quickstart Guide.

I have a finished design and html pages done in Dreamweaver, and that is all at this time.

Your Quickstart guide starts with:

"You'll need a couple of items to start:
• A standard dynamic Dreamweaver site in ASP, ColdFusion or PHP. If
you have SiteAssist, create a new dynamic site using that software.
• A connection to a data source like an Access or MySQL database.
- Optionally, a template with an editable region to hold the generated
forms and other content. "

I have the latter of the 3 bullets. I do not have PHP or My SQL, but could install them I suppose - by figuring out how do to this via the web.

So, do I need to *know* PHP to use your programs/extensions? It certainly doesn't say that on your site!

Anyway, I can install PHP and MySQL, but I'd need to know where and how to do so - so that's the installation is compliant with your program/extension's requirements. Where can I find that info? It's not in the Quickstart guide.

Is there another guide that walks non-programmers through the actual getting started process? Can I speak to someone on the phone to walk me through that?

Thanks,
Nate
415 five seven seven 8971

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...