close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

How to change time from 5 to 17:00

Thread began 6/01/2010 10:56 am by tone397472 | Last modified 6/05/2010 1:21 am by tone397472 | 3114 views | 11 replies

tone397472

The time stamp outside of the mail (in de header outside the mail) is correct, but on the 3e line of the HTML mail (you only see this after opening the mail!) you also have the time and date from when the mail was send:

6-1-2010 | 8:50 PM CEST . <<<===This is how it looks!

And that is unacceptable on the European continent, because they use 24 hours. I contacted my mail server and web host and they where saying that only the time stamp outside of the mail (the one that is correct!) was produced by the local (receiving mail host) you can adjust that in your email settings of your local host, but the the time in the mail ( that is not correct!) was produced by the php script in my web site on the web site's host?!

I'm learning about formatting time stamps at the moment, but don't know where to find them in the script and what to do. I can only find the date formatting in the Center.php script, but it looks like the time is there also but not formatted.

Examples from my study book of what I'm talking about:

<?php
echo strftime('%A<br />');
echo strftime('%x<br />');
echo strftime('%c<br />');
echo strftime('%Y<br />;
?>

So I do not know what the real story is and how to solve this. I would be nice if it is only a little adjustment in the script like formatting the time. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

Please some help would be nice.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...