close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Repeating Apostrophe in FCKEditor

Thread began 5/19/2010 12:59 am by hosting.graphicsmart367784 | Last modified 5/21/2010 3:57 pm by hosting.graphicsmart367784 | 2114 views | 5 replies

hosting.graphicsmart367784

Is it possible to give you access...

Can I send you my URL and Admin Access so that you can take a look at it? Just tell me where you would like me to email this info if so.

Basically... I have a page here for example:
index.php - on that page it has the following text:
==========================================================

FINANCING

To help our customers qualify and close on the home of their dreams, we offer mortgage service through Piedmont Funding Group .

==========================================================

If I change that via the editor and add and apostrophe on the word customers and make that customer's .... then it will place two of there there when I save it... like: customer''s.

And then if I click to edit it again and resave (whether I change anything or not) it doubles that like: customer''''s and will do that over and over until I have customer''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''s and worse.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the code before doing what I mention above:

<!-- Sub-content Area on Homepage --> <div style="width: 580px;"><!-- Content Block A --><!-- Content Block B --> <!-- Content Block C --> <table cellspacing="7" cellpadding="0" border="0" style="width: 580px; height: 360px;"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top" bgcolor="#333333" style="padding: 10px;"><p style="margin: 5px;" class="style4"><span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">3.99% 30 YEAR FIXED!</span></p><p class="style5"><span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">The Centro Development Corporation Communities are offering a promotion of 3.99% 30 Year Fixed Rate until December 31th!</span></p><p class="style5"><a style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" href="ourcommunities.php"><span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Browse our communities</span></a><span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> to find your new home and take advantage of this great rate while it lasts.</span></p></td> <td width="229" valign="top" style="padding: 10px;" rowspan="2"><p style="margin: 5px;">FINANCING</p> <p style="margin: 5px;" class="style1"><span class="style3">To help our customers qualify and close on the home of their dreams, we offer mortgage service through Piedmont Funding Group .</span><br> <br> Mortgage financing of newly built homes requires a unique relationship between you, the builder, and the lender. <br> <a href="http://creekside/finance.html">MORE ABOUT FINANCING</a></p></td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" style="padding: 10px;" class="style1"><strong>WHY DELAY... TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR LATEST PROMOTION TODAY!</strong></td></tr></tbody></table></div> <div width:="" style="height: 8px;"><spacer></spacer></div> <!-- Content Area Ends --> <div style="height: 4px; width: 580px;"><spacer></spacer></div>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And here is the code after adding the apostrophe once and then saving it (doubles it):

<!-- Sub-content Area on Homepage --> <div style="width: 580px;"><!-- Content Block A --><!-- Content Block B --> <!-- Content Block C --> <table cellspacing="7" cellpadding="0" border="0" style="width: 580px; height: 360px;"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top" bgcolor="#333333" style="padding: 10px;"><p style="margin: 5px;" class="style4"><span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">3.99% 30 YEAR FIXED!</span></p><p class="style5"><span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">The Centro Development Corporation Communities are offering a promotion of 3.99% 30 Year Fixed Rate until December 31th!</span></p><p class="style5"><a style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" href="ourcommunities.php"><span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Browse our communities</span></a><span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> to find your new home and take advantage of this great rate while it lasts.</span></p></td> <td width="229" valign="top" style="padding: 10px;" rowspan="2"><p style="margin: 5px;">FINANCING</p> <p style="margin: 5px;" class="style1"><span class="style3">To help our customer''s qualify and close on the home of their dreams, we offer mortgage service through Piedmont Funding Group .</span><br> <br> Mortgage financing of newly built homes requires a unique relationship between you, the builder, and the lender. <br> <a href="http://creekside/finance.html">MORE ABOUT FINANCING</a></p></td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" style="padding: 10px;" class="style1"><strong>WHY DELAY... TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR LATEST PROMOTION TODAY!</strong></td></tr></tbody></table></div> <div width:="" style="height: 8px;"><spacer></spacer></div> <!-- Content Area Ends --> <div style="height: 4px; width: 580px;"><spacer></spacer></div>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And here is the code after clicking to edit again / changing nothing and saving again (4 apostrophes now):

<!-- Sub-content Area on Homepage --> <div style="width: 580px;"><!-- Content Block A --><!-- Content Block B --> <!-- Content Block C --> <table cellspacing="7" cellpadding="0" border="0" style="width: 580px; height: 360px;"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top" bgcolor="#333333" style="padding: 10px;"><p style="margin: 5px;" class="style4"><span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">3.99% 30 YEAR FIXED!</span></p><p class="style5"><span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">The Centro Development Corporation Communities are offering a promotion of 3.99% 30 Year Fixed Rate until December 31th!</span></p><p class="style5"><a style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" href="ourcommunities.php"><span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Browse our communities</span></a><span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> to find your new home and take advantage of this great rate while it lasts.</span></p></td> <td width="229" valign="top" style="padding: 10px;" rowspan="2"><p style="margin: 5px;">FINANCING</p> <p style="margin: 5px;" class="style1"><span class="style3">To help our customer''''s qualify and close on the home of their dreams, we offer mortgage service through Piedmont Funding Group .</span><br> <br> Mortgage financing of newly built homes requires a unique relationship between you, the builder, and the lender. <br> <a href="http://creekside/finance.html">MORE ABOUT FINANCING</a></p></td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" style="padding: 10px;" class="style1"><strong>WHY DELAY... TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR LATEST PROMOTION TODAY!</strong></td></tr></tbody></table></div> <div width:="" style="height: 8px;"><spacer></spacer></div> <!-- Content Area Ends --> <div style="height: 4px; width: 580px;"><spacer></spacer></div>

=================================================================

1 becomes 2 becomes 4 becomes 8 becomes 16, etc....

=================================================================

Let me know if I can give you access and let you see that happen for yourself.

Thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...