close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Simple eCart Setup w/Color Option

Thread began 5/19/2010 3:02 pm by bledford407228 | Last modified 5/25/2010 1:04 pm by bledford407228 | 2372 views | 5 replies

Eric Mittman

Thanks for taking the time to post in the forum. I think that based on what you have described you are probably most of the way there. I would like to look into these issues one at a time though to make sure that we get through one completely before we look into another.

The first issue is:
Problem 1 - This products should show all 8 color choices, but instead it only shows 3 of them. At first I thought it was giving me the choices for the large handbag, but noticed only 2 of the colors matched the large and the other color is only for the smaller handbag.

You mention that the select list for the colors is coming from your db. How do you relate the colors to the different sized handbags? The recordset that populates the colors select list will need to be crafted in a way that it only pulls the colors for that particular size. This means that you will need some way to identify what colors are for what size in your db, then in the recordset that is pulling in the colors you will need to filter it on this criteria so that you are only getting the colors for that particular size item.

Also, this might help with part of the second issue. In the select list whatever you have specified as the value is what you will see when you add it to the cart. So if you would like to see the color when adding it to the cart you need to make sure that the value is set to the name of the color.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...