close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

How to add submitted filename to UE template

Thread began 5/07/2010 9:44 am by jcav26033 | Last modified 5/25/2010 2:09 pm by jcav26033 | 1820 views | 5 replies

jcav26033

Originally Said By: Eric Mittman
  You should use the server file name binding that is in the uploaded files are of the bindings. If this is not available to you on your template file, blank, then you will need to open the page with the form on it and drag and drop these bindings onto the page to get them. Once you have done that you can cut and paste these binding values into the block template where you would like to see them.  

I have been trying to accomplish this but the upload hangs and never gets to my thank-you page, so obviously I am doing something wrong. Would anyone be able to give me example code on how to do this?

Can I also suggest that this functionality be added to the extension in a future update, since it seems to be such a fundamental thing to want in a form submission, to know the filename of the file that was uploaded, and to easily be able to return the content of any field that is added on the form. It's difficult on a busy site to know who uploaded which file, particularly when you get 3 or 4 "archive.zip" files in a row.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...