close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Re-populating Lists after form submission

Thread began 3/01/2010 8:16 am by Dooza | Last modified 12/14/2010 4:54 pm by Dooza | 5097 views | 12 replies

Lon WintersBeta Tester

Originally Said By: Dooza
  Well my solution wasn't easy, and it took several attempts to make a page work as expected.

Here is mine: pricebook.dataset.asp

The form doesn't submit, it has a button that when clicked executes some Javascript. This gets the values from the selected selects, then constructs a querystring, and reloads a Spry dataset. The dataset is from an XML file that is generated from the database. The query used in creating the XML is a stored procedure that takes up 5 parameters.

There is actually 2 XML datasets reloaded, one is for the manufacturer filter. I created some custom code to handle the filter.

I did have to modify the Web Assist code slightly to show/hide the other drop downs. There are up to 4 drop downs available depending on the categories selected.

It wasn't easy this way, but without Web Assist changing or adding some code I couldn't see any other way of this working.

Steve  

Off Topic, but how are you creating the XML from the DB? Is there an ASP page involved that performs the query and outputs/writes in XML? I've been looking for a solution to this for a while, but I only found PHP solutions.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...