close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

PayPal Payment Gateway suggestion.

Thread began 5/05/2010 5:16 pm by Bruce | Last modified 5/12/2010 4:58 pm by Bruce | 1747 views | 9 replies

Bruce

PayPal Payment Standard or Express Check out

Eric,
Thanks for clarifying the Tax/Shipping display in the Browser. I was thinking the same thing.

PayPal Payment Standard or Express Check out
I saw some document regarding Payment Standard and Express Checkout. However I need some clarification about both options. I exclude the PayPal Pro after talking with my client and because he wants to start this experience without paying any extra fees. That's why I come to decide between two options.
According to what you mentioned in other thread in the forum you recommend the PayPal Express Check out:

The regular Payments Standard option is quite different, when the user checks out with this option they are taken to PayPal with the cart contents being transferred. They can login to pay and finish the transaction on PayPal. After the transaction is complete and if you have auto return enabled the user will go back to your site. However you will no know the status of the transaction. You will have to have an IPN page that will listen for the PayPal notification about the transaction and update your db and send an email or do some other stuff.

So with Express Checkout you do not pass values to PayPal, you just login and return to the site. Then you complete the transaction on your site knowing instantly weather it was successful or not.  

This Express Checkout sounds ok to me and I would like to choose it for Payment method. The only downside is that it does not give the Credit Card option to the buyer. It has only the PayPal option. This is what I saw in their Demo. I would appreciate it to know your opinion.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...