close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

DA Multiple Delete irratic behavior

Thread began 4/26/2010 7:40 am by mustang_sally_85344510 | Last modified 5/03/2010 5:56 pm by mustang_sally_85344510 | 2248 views | 5 replies

mustang_sally_85344510

applying to any page

In all situations 99% of the time, it does NOT apply correctly.

I have tried using it on a blank page as well, with only one form on it, and still have issues with it. I did get it to work on a blank, single page....once.
But one cannot really copy it to the other page, as, the labeling of the areas (repeat area's) is based on what is on the page....

I am still working with this, and I absolutely have to get this feature to work on this site I am building.

It is my opion, that the repeat selection is behavior that is messing up the rest, as, it want's to always encapsule the table. When I try to rearrange the repeat selection to have it stay focused on the needed table row....I get other errors....

The pages I sent you in the zip, were copied from the page that had multiple, and then pasted on a blank page....(for reference)

Any suggestions, would be much appreciate.

WORKAROUND:

repeat selection is the culprit...
To make a long story short.
If I cut and paste the repeat selection coding where it belongs,...
After the <?php do> for the table row....
And also cut and paste the alt text if no records available. to above the delete button.
Then add the DA multiple delete servior behavior...
I can get it to work.

ALOT OF CUTTING AND PASTING .....(would save a ton of time, if I didn't have to do this) :(

My opinion, for what it's worth, DA repeat selections is the problem to the multi delete issue...

In addition, when I could get repeat selection to apply to the table ROW properly...multi - delete then wouldn't work...i.e. wouldn't delete, won't redirect....

I've been with WA for 2 years, and haven't much problems with your extentions themselves. I have used your multi delete in the past with no problems. It's my feeling that somewhere with the updates to DA something has gone haywire!
I absolutely HATE working with it at this point. Like I said before, I've been trying to add this to a page 8 times, and here today....well, it's been a week now..:( This extention should be running a bit better than that. I should have been able to pop this out at the longest time,...a day maybe?!

In closing thanks for even hearing me out and taking the time to take look at what I sent.

WA please take a closer look at DA and fix this bug~ :)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...