close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Trying to Add Database Fields to Store

Thread began 4/20/2010 1:46 pm by carlene | Last modified 4/29/2010 6:33 pm by carlene | 4145 views | 17 replies

carleneBeta Tester

Hello! Please help WebAssist Support!!!!

Hello??? Is anyone reading this??? Please help me!

I re-iterate the problem. I am building a wholesale store.

1) I added a field to my PowerStore 3 Database. This field is called ProductCost. This was appearing on the product pages as needed when I copied the code for ProductPrice and changed all of the Price to Cost in the needed places.

2) I use Dreamweaver with eCart and Data Assist. But am having issues with integrating them and the PowerStore 3.

3) I wish the ProductCost field to be what is added up by my store instead of ProductPrice. I still want ProductPrice to be there and I made it so that that database field is visible as well on product pages. (That is working.)

4) With eCart I tried to link the Add to Cart button to the ProductCost field. I added the ProductCost field to the eCart system as well.

5) Thinking that it might be necessary, I tried to link my Product Database with my PowerStore 3 via Dreamweaver's binding recordsets. This produced the error - "Missing Run-Time Value for variable: CIDParam"

6) I tried to change the Product_Results.php in both the Admin and the store site so that the ProductCost field was displaying.

7) My problem - After I uploaded the changes to my site - the Product_Results.php pages will not display. If I press the add to cart button it yields a blank page.

How do I change it so that the ProductCost is what is added up and so that my store works? (I have about 260 products in my database which took me WEEKS to manually edit, so changing the database is not an option!)

Thank you! Please help!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...