close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

MRT Server Behaviour with eCommerce db

Thread began 4/20/2010 1:27 pm by troyd | Last modified 4/27/2010 11:42 am by troyd | 1842 views | 4 replies

troyd

MRT Server Behaviour with eCommerce db

I am building an admin for a future shopping cart. And it will contain products that will show up on more than one section.
Since the eCommerce database comes with a "productcategories" table I am using that for the main category. However there will be sub categories for each as well. I need this to be searchable.

Here's a fictional example of what I am trying to do;

Product #1 is a "Hammer"
Main Category would be "Tools"
Sub Categories would be "Hobby Tools" and "Professional Tools"

What I have so far is a drop down list in the insert form for the Categories that are populated by the "productcategories" table. This part works great.

Then I have a multi-select list for my Sub Categories. To which I then created two new tables. One is the "SubCategories" table and the second is the RelSubCategories" table that acts as the relational table for the MRT behavior.
The MRT writes the data into the new relational table including the ID from the "SubCategories" table and the ID from the "products" table just fine.

But how do I get the recordset for the products to include both tables for both a results list and a search form? Do I create a joins for this?
Or should the MRT be writing into a new column on the "products" table as well?

I'm very confused, so sorry if this made no sense.

For the record, I am trying to create something similar to the "Blue Sky Music" admin demo where it has both category and genre. But I wanted to use the newer eCommerce database instead since it seems to be ready for eCart.

Thanks,
TroyD

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...