close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Managing filtered recordsets with DA

Thread began 4/19/2010 5:26 pm by neo314 | Last modified 4/22/2010 1:40 pm by neo314 | 1570 views | 5 replies

neo314

Managing filtered recordsets with DA

I am trying to build using DA as a replacement for ADDT which I have generally used for my back-end for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the ability to manage based on recordsets as well as tables.

I am currently using session values and manually changing the SQL of the pages as necessary to accomplish this.

I know recordset management has been frequently requested. I am wondering if you have any tutorials or other documentation that might illuminate me on a better way to do this as I plunge forward. I would like to rely more on DA for my back-end, but so far, it is a lot more work for me.

What I want to do, for example, is to have a pages table with an idpage foreign key that refers back to the pages table. The pages are also tied to locations, so I need to filter for the current location (field = idloc). If idpage is 0, it is a top level page, otherwise it has the id of it's parent page.

The problem is persistence of the parameters of these filters. I can modify the SQL, but pass original query string does not seem to work and the hard links in the pages the wizard generates makes it a nightmare of a maze to ensure the parameters for idloc and idpage remain in the URL without duplicating as you navigate through the DA pages.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...