close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Release Dates on Documentation

Thread began 3/30/2010 2:21 pm by grgsr | Last modified 4/04/2010 9:42 am by grgsr | 1203 views | 4 replies

yogastudents362523

Originally Said By: Neil Beadle
  Our tools do so much, there could never be one tutorial for how to use all of them, because they can be used for so many different applications.  

Personally, I am very relieved to hear someone from WebAssist saying that.

I am NOT a Developer. I am very new indeed to all this stuff. I am still struggling to comprehend the intricacies of PHP, MySQL and so forth. But I am working very hard indeed to improve my skills and become a Developer.

Exactly the thing that attracted me to WebAssist as a company, and to its products, in my quest, is the fact that I made contact with a toolset -- and a mindset -- that could help me to become a true Professional Developer. All it seems to take is a little effort on my part ... and effort I am certainly willing to put in. I just have to make a effort simply understanding the nature of these tools -- and therefore what they can achieve when I think of them together and look at the things I want to do. I have found the range of things I want to do steadily increasing as I have learned, and I have so often found that WebAssist was there before me, creating something that would make what I want to do easier. But first, I had to create my own picture of what I wanted, and then look to see how it could be done. I have always been able to use this WebAssist toolset.

I have read things in other places in these forums, from other members of the WebAssist team, that frankly contradict what you have just said here. What you say here is far more appealing to me both for my personal growth as a Developer, and also as a direction for this Company. It is also in my view far more constructive for you as a long-term Company.

Anyone can make "one button does all" products, but they are not that helpful to a Developer who must massage his or her tools and his or her mind to meet a host of different situations.

Seems to me that if WebAssist hooks a Developer with their products, then that Developer will keep on coming back -- as many here have done -- year after year after year for your next product and update. They get the job done, and they also stimulate the imagination.

If you do a one-button does all product, then you instead have to keep on and on increasing market share far more aggressively just to stay alive. This latter is a good short term strategy, I know. Just how many copies of Dreamweaver are there out there?

I know nobody at WebAssist is listening to me, but I personally, prefer the former strtategy. I do hope that that's where you guys are headed. But ... from what I have seen in these forums over the last couple of months, I don't think it IS where you guys are headed.

All I can now hope for is that I'll have learned enough through using WebAssist products to be able to code everything and anything I want to do all by myself, right through from beginning to end.

In the mean time ... thanks for the great products you've created for me.

But as a couple of people said in a different thread:

However, as you continue to move down the path and make your offerings and terms and conditions more and more unfriendly towards developers I fear that you will not remain successful and that I will have made a bad long term investment by selecting WebAssist  

and

Don't know what happened to the old WebAssist ...  

I can only hope -- but I doubt it -- that the Company Philosophy you have hinted at here prevails. Somehow I doubt that it will. Let's just say that I might once have been a Junior Member because of my number of posts, but I certainly wasn't one due to the number of times I have seen the earth turn on its axis! I have seen this happening before, and it is always a depressing sight.

Bye now. I'm off to review your Product Pages to see if there's anything else I can buy before the Tax Office takes my money. It's that time of year already!!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...