close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Adjusting the Accordion Menu colors etc.

Thread began 3/28/2010 11:44 pm by mick106153 | Last modified 4/13/2010 1:24 pm by mick106153 | 4029 views | 17 replies

mick106153

Adjusting the Accordion Menu colors etc.

I've been trying to adjust the look of the accordion menu and have not been very successful.

Two things perplex me greatly.
First. Why do the various css rules that control this menu have to be in so many disparate locations?
I thought that by using mystyles.css - which I hadn't done before, choosing instead to modify the existing css files - it might make the process easier. Boy was I wrong.
Personal opinion here - mystyles.css is a bad idea. Does any style placed there supersede the entire rule in other css files or just append the existing rules in those other files? In either case it does lead to greater confusion.
I understand the need and wisdom for using different css files in certain conditions. It seems logical to include a separate file for Spry rules. Unless I'm seriously confused there are five css files controlling that menu if you include mystyles.css.
Second. Because of the problems I decided to give Theme-It a try. Seemed a logical choice at the time.
Boy was I wrong. I can see that Theme-It might prove itself valuable under other circumstances, here it is next to worthless.
Using Theme-It, there is no way I can actually see a display of the menu and the effects had by Theme-It. The dropdown selectors in Theme-It don't help at all in describing in a cogent manner the areas they will effect. And what good is it to know that a color is used by 50 different selectors when i may want to change the value of only one?

To sum I would say that the problem of too many files controlling the same thing is most prevalent in the case I've described here but is not limited to that alone.

Any thoughts or advice on how to move forward with styling that accordion would be appreciated.

Mick

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...