close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

UE 4 - 11,600+ Live Mass mailing attempt

Thread began 3/25/2010 11:53 am by tom92909 | Last modified 3/29/2010 3:50 pm by tom92909 | 1028 views | 9 replies

tom92909Beta Tester

UE 4 - 11,600+ Live Mass mailing attempt

Greetings folks.

Yesterday morning I performed a mass mailing of 11,600+ messages using the new Universal Email v.4.0 release.

Background: For the last 2yrs I've used the Linecraft Studio Email Merge Server Object for PHP (Dreamweaver Extension). It has performed this task of sending 9000+ messages consistently on a monthly basis for a client newsletter with some effort and serious babysitting.

My overall satisfaction with the product has been moderate to satisfied. The issues that I have encountered have been frustrating and required great effort to overcome. However, after 24+ real time uses, I have confidence in the process.

Linecraft Studio Email Merge Issues
===========================
1. Babysitting the process for up to 3hrs has been a pain.
2. End users not being able to see HTML version in email client.
3. Failures and process lockups.

With the beta and release of UE4, I was successful in running small blasts of up to 10 addresses and all worked without a hitch. We all did the beta and all seemed to have been worked out before release.

Yesterday I started the process and found that the log file (created by the UE4 script) was working as expected initially. I started getting an error after the 1st few hundred entries. The EmailError (TEXT) field in MySQL filled up as it appears to append all responses collectively.

Current MySQL Mailing List - 11643 records

At the end of 4hrs of running the total record count in the email_log table was 18183 records... ( I bailed on the process before it ended ).

I did a check in MySQL to see what the log had to provide...

WHERE `EmailStatus` != 'Success'
and found that 158 "FAILED" (not unexpected)

However the 6540 record difference is alarming.

==============================
*** Addition that I'd like to see ***
==============================
1. How can I use dynamic data in my message template? Perhaps I want to use a user ID, name or email address in my message to personalize the emailing.

I thought about placing this in the UE 4 forum, but decided that I should initially provide this information here instead.

I hope this creates some useful dialog.

Tom

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...