close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

MySQL Connect Error on Development but not on Production Machine

Thread began 3/19/2010 6:56 am by yogastudents362523 | Last modified 3/19/2010 9:42 pm by yogastudents362523 | 2686 views | 4 replies

yogastudents362523

Originally Said By: yogastudents362523
  Redacting the 5.3 build within WAMP on my Development Machine seems stupid. Won't do it. But MySQL surely works.  

If anyone is listening ... MySQL is still not working on this Development Machine. I have worked my way through the information provided by Office Guy, but I am still getting those packet 6 bytes shorter than expected and mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using old authentication error messages.

I have deleted WAMP twice now; downloaded the latest version from their site; and let the installer rebuild everything from scratch.

Still no joy.

I have also done fresh MySQL queries to build up my tables and databases completely from scratch via those queries, using the new MySQL build, rather than simply copying or importing them. Also no joy.

Then ... I thought it might genuinely be that the old password system was being used instead of the new one. So I decided to test the length of the password. I ran the following query:

SELECT Length(Password), Substring(Password, 1, 1) FROM mysql.user WHERE user=yogastudents362523. This produced a length of 40. Since my original password was only 8 characters, that surely means that the password has been properly hashed and stored by MySQL? Why, then, am I getting the message? I have checked the php.ini file over using the information in the referenced articles from OfficeGuy.

The serious advice given on the WAMP site was to use the WAMP option to revert to a previous PHP build ... which seems to me ridiculous.

I'm fresh out of ideas. Maybe if I just shut down the computer and try again tomorrow, everything will be resolved.

Here's hoping.
Bye now.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...