close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Licensing of Solutions

Thread began 3/18/2010 1:41 pm by jules397457 | Last modified 3/20/2010 8:52 am by jules397457 | 1941 views | 7 replies

jules397457

Licensing of Solutions

I refer to Licensing - Patches - eCart #25 from Tom_M

I just checked too. Looks like the license is back to the original:
When you purchase PowerStore, you receive a developer's license to develop as many websites as you desire; all for one low cost.

Which is good news. In my opinion!

TM

But the licensing seems to have returned to a one domain basis. I got a email from WA offering
a number of solutions for $239.99 which is a great price. However I don't want to use all of them now only Power Gallery and Contact Form. How much customisation do I need to do before the solution is no longer a WA solution but my own. I want to use the solution as a starting point I am worried because if I use WA solution as a foundation do I need to buy another copy of Power Gallery or Contact Form to use on another project just to add my code or do I look at the Power Gallery and Contact Form as examples and work with the extentions.Do I make rewrite some of the php function and change some variable names make some changes to the original code so that it no longer resembles what I purchased but still works just to avoid the additional cost?

To be honest if I can see what Power Gallery is writing to the database I am sure I could write a simple front end for my needs in php. What I am looking for is some of the Power Gallery funtionality for the end user but a simpler way for the end user to upload pictures. As for the contact form I need that to be attached to a database but then if I have to make changes and then buy additional licences everytime I want to re-use it I may as well download a free version and make the changes without incurring additional cost. This is getting to confusing.

This post is taking me ages as I am not quite sure how to approach this maybe I should purchase the solutions and use them as a learning tool of how WA do it and create my own solutions. Some guidance would be appreciated.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...