close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

compare Powerstore2/Powerstore3 features?

Thread began 3/17/2010 9:24 am by rasputin307444 | Last modified 3/17/2010 5:36 pm by rasputin307444 | 12239 views | 5 replies

rasputin307444

reply appreciated!

Of course, 'why' one thing is fixed and another is not IS POLITICAL since there is no democracy in the decision; it's based in hierarchy and it's based in squeezing out of employees and customers what one can. So, we shall skip that argument about the accepted falsification of social reality.

I did explain that I was getting tired of seeing the climate of "support" change to a more capital-extractive one; it is decision-making, afterall, that comes in the same world where banks are sucking the life-force from every crawling sentient being....

Thanks for re-stating, in part, what I posited.

The documentation would be very nice to download in one manual, like when I get a phone book. I do not need to download the A's, then download the B's, etc. It all comes as a single entity. The world of hyperlinks fragments everything into chunks that once printed do NOT re-connect in the printed world. It makes reading impossible unless your face is glued to a screen and your fingers are bopping you back-and-forth across the hyper-real. That is NOT intuitive. It's why a published book will continue to triumph in form over the spaghetti of hyperlinks. Nonetheless, it is no more difficult to provide an un-fragmented PDF. That was a suggestion I made back when I first bought the Super Suite.

As one who actually spoke with customers in high-tech )Intel, Mentor Graphics Corporation, Tektronix, etc.) and who conducted user testing (recording the problems of drop-down menu logic, documentation, tutorials, interface hopping, etc.) it is considered cheaper and cheap support to not avail full documentation, whether costing extra or not. I recommended to Lynda.com that they should contact you to write online/interactive tutorials for WebAssist tools. It would help us as users, you as a pennywise company in tough times, and them as well. Please consider it if they call, or better, call them. It's a win all around and I will shut up, applaud, and be your fanatic-advocate.

So, I will look for the feature comparison table I requested between v2 and v3 of Powerstore. I do not think it exists. Support would do themselves and us all a favor to create a table like one finds on sites comparing themselves to other products or at Adobe where they compare what comes in each of their variant CS4 suites. It really helps to not have to infer what changed when you guys know exactly what changed and how. We would rather do our jobs than marketing tasks.

So, thanks for replying. I would also like to know if there will be a v3.1 and what criteria makes that differ from a 3.0.1, and in both cases if I am expected to pay for every bug fix. Remember, bugs are not what I am buying, so why should I pay for them getting fixed either!

best wishes,
chris

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...