close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

PowerStore 3 Database Paths?

Thread began 3/17/2010 10:57 am by carlene | Last modified 3/18/2010 2:49 pm by carlene | 1366 views | 4 replies

carleneBeta Tester

You said" If you want to update your orders to add in a checkbox for shipped you would first need to ensure that you had this column in your orders table, then you can add in a checkbox form element to the udpate page and edit the update server behavior to use this new checkbox for the shipped column."

Of course - I know how to add the column to my table. But can you please be very specific as to how I would use Data Assist to add this check box to my table and how I would use Data Assist to change variables in my site? I would like the site Admin to be changed via Data Assist. Specifically how do I sync up this PowerStore 3 with Data Assist? I know how to do a brand new site with Data Assist - but not how to work with an existing one.

Also - Is there a way that I could make the ProductSKU the ProductID? It doesn't make sense to me that there would need to be two numbers here - - we reference everything by Item Number. (And BTW in retail terms the SKU and the Item # are also two different things. A SKU is usually a long number that is on a bar-code and is used with most retail POS systems. An Item # is what is usually the shortened version of the SKU and is usually what is used by most manufacturers to reference all of their products in their catalogs.) I would like what you are calling ProductSKU to be the ProductID aka Item # and it not be automatically generated - but be what I am am entering in that field and for that to be the table's Key.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...