close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

compare Powerstore2/Powerstore3 features?

Thread began 3/17/2010 9:24 am by rasputin307444 | Last modified 3/17/2010 5:36 pm by rasputin307444 | 12242 views | 5 replies

rasputin307444

compare Powerstore2/Powerstore3 features?

First off, the unchangeable title should read "Powerstore2/Powerstore3" but I could not change it. Nonetheless, it could still be a posed question if the release "process" is neither amended nor the documentation and details therein improved. Take this with a grain of salt. I am a 28 years in SQA (de-employed engineer thrown on the banker-run economy's scrapheap of valueless humanity. I detest feeling that from companies I am attracted to, so this has motivations that can be prominent but forgiven and apologized for if proven unsound.... So, the best intentions are laden with emotional fervor. Continue....

Comparing Powerstore to eCart fails miserably to describe what has actually changed as being a fix, an addition, and/or a modification. It tells me absolutely nothing about the difference between Powerstore2 and 3, and me being poorer for the loosely-defined "upgrade" process.

Frankly, as happened here and also with Roxio and Irislink, new releases come in just after a purchase of an old one is encouraged, and no mention is made during that sale process so that the infamous "Osborne Computer" scenario (where a pre-release "truthful" announcement faltered income from current products, killing the company's capital-flow) is not repeated 'for ONLY the seller'. What about my capital-flow; today, it flows out of me like an open and uncared-for wound.

The contract in Contract Law has two parties. While all humanity is privatized and vaulted away, we slay each other so that bankers may rejoice. That is a contract with mass suicide. It will kill "the company" as surely as it will kill "the customer". The banker will win with the death of either or both.

In the drive to bring in money to the company, the "customer" is sacrificed and in some cases intentionally or systemically, to and in the process. That's the exact opposite of the once referenced historical "the customer is right" model. A "gas station" in California, where you must get petroleum distillates all over your allergic hands to pump your own gas, once had a "service station" where your gas was pumped by an attendant (as still in Oregon), your windows were cleaned, your water and oil levels were checked, where the attendant knew how to read maps and give directions, etc.

There once was a quality assurance/testing department in the software process. Microsoft fixed that human frailty by denying responsibility to this enemy called "the customer". Attack! War! Deny plausibility. Limit liability to one year, then 90 days, then never. Charge extra for answering questions. Sorry, liability is law. So are contracts.

So, systemically, the "Big Lie" told over and over as if to make it sound and true, is that deceit, obfuscation, and posed questions necessarily must win out (as with the Kerry, Gore, and Hillary campaigns where "plants" and "spontaneously-unfiltered crowds and questions only reaffirmed the drivel and banality oozing from the candidates' puppet-mouth). And why? Because the folks who it protects know best and deserve that option. We are nothing "down here". Yep. We all take turns saying that Big Lie to ourselves and getting it from others. That is indeed the bullet fired in the engineered "war of all against all". Only those on the very top win. The rest of us just take turns bleeding.

I do hope that I am just missing the obscured view of truth here, that I have misperceived, that I have mis-looked for a much better "writing on the wall".

I called today at 8:28am (on a Tuesday) and there was not even a recorded message stating hours where support or queries could be given. Sending everything to a Forum, may make the queries "measurable" and cheaper to coral, but it is quite short of the concept of robust "customer support". I'm sure it's because the quality and support team is overloaded and expected to work 60-80 hour weeks to keep their job(s). Typical ploy!

Where then does all the extra cost of upgrading and paying extra to get basic bug fix releases go to? No doubt to a Porsche car payment and good medical insurance that covers actual health (versus drug pushing idiots from the John D. Rockefeller created AMA), and to pads on the beach and in the mountains. Ah yes, the good life stolen from the those creating wealth "at the bottom": the worker and the customer; these two interchangeable roles are our only "freedom" left.

I looked again for a downloadable, example-and-stepwise filled, single manualized PDF of Powerstore documentation, and found nothing!

I was sold, explicitly after inquiring of any current effort to work on a new release) Powerstore2. Two months later, Powerstore3! That tells me that I was NOT told the truth, or that the release was minimal.

Where are all the bug fix release (maintenance) version that should be free?!

In the software release cycle that is standard in the world of CMM, ISO, ACM, and IEEE, there is a M.m.u <M=major; m=minor; u=update) release cycle wherein between Major releases (2 to 3) you release fixes, promised but schedule-cut features, etc.). It is what an auto industry is held to. Look at all the recalls for every company all the time. Why is there a jump from a "major" to a "major" here? WHERE WERE 2.1, 2.2, 2.2.1, ETC.?

That warrants telling the truth about what is apparently a feature-weak or non-robust Powerstore3?!

Apparently, getting me to sign up for free upgrades that cost me even more money is a learned "marketing" trick from the folks who bring you promises in the multi-level-marketing world (renamed to "network marketing" to obscure the "pyramid scheme" scam).

Where is the comparison between Powerstore2 and Powerstore3?

Before I plop out another bloody sum of money I must know what changed besides the referencing to a number in a sales-and-marketing film?

Where is the contiguous printable documentation manual that should have been there for Powerstore3?
What exact bugs were fixed?
What exact features were added?

The software standards are sorely lacking and I am definitely miffed at how I am being treated just like the global bankers treat me, on a micro scale. I am open to effort made to explain, and am also able to release my anger.

That is a contract that requires both parties coming to the table of truth.

I anxiously await working links to documents and tables....

Thanks.

best wishes,
chris

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...